Welcome to the Virginia Orchid Society!
The Virginia Orchid Society, founded in 1949, is one of the oldest orchid societies in Virginia and an affiliate of the American Orchid Society.
Our meetings are open to the public and guests are welcome. Our primary focus is on the enjoyment of orchids and the advancement of our knowledge of orchids. We achieve these goals in a number of ways:
- Monthly newsletters reporting the activities of the society;
- Website with current events and interesting links;
- Plant auctions of member’s plants and professional growers’ plants;
- Educational workshops, mini-seminars and symposiums;
- Tours of members’ and vendors’ greenhouses;
- Judged orchid shows with vendor sales; and
- Picnics and social events to enhance our friendships.
Our monthly meeting date is usually the third Sunday of the month from September to May. Be sure to check the latest newsletter online for any announcements of changes or special events throughout the year.
The meeting location is the Strange’s Garden Center at 12111 West Broad St, Richmond VA.